Problem with Asymetric, two-key encryption and Certificate Requests.

A Z poweruserm at live.com.au
Sat Sep 17 11:53:46 UTC 2022

Dear OpenSSL,

I have wanted to get into public/private two key encryption, of
computer files of any type and any size and type.  I am working on
Windows 10 64 bit.I found the ensuing approach by my own
experimenting, but it has a key disadvantage.

In order for the encryption step to work by means of the public key,
I have found the following approach with relies on the generation of a
Certificate Request.  The problem is however, that by doing things like this,

A#) openssl req -x509 -nodes -newkey rsa:16384 -keyout private.key -out public.key

B#) openssl smime -encrypt -binary -aes-256-cbc -in message.txt -out encrypted.dat -outform DER public.key

C#) openssl smime -decrypt -in encrypted.dat -binary -inform DEM -inkey private.key -out decrypted.txt

I can get plain text injected into the encrypted text, which I want to totally avoid every part of.

How can I complete step A#), so that step B#)  will work, without involving a Certificate Request, which requires
a non-blank two digit nation code, which gets put into the encrypted text in plain manner, a situation which
I want to do?  How can I make A#) +B#) +C#) without certificate requests, without any nation code or plain text
injection into the encrypted text at all, for small, medium, large, any size and type of file?

Yours Sincerely,

Sergio Minervini.