Unable to load RSA public key for signature verification

Juan Pablo Garibotti Arias jp.garibotti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:55:09 UTC 2023

> No, just use PEM_read_PUBKEY(), and use algorithm-neutral APIs that
> will work equally well with RSA, ECDSA, Ed25519, ...

Ah, I have been using RSA_sign and RSA_verify, but it appears those are
deprecated starting with 3.0.0. Looks like I'm supposed to be
using EVP_PKEY_sign_init(3), EVP_PKEY_sign(3), EVP_PKEY_verify_init(3) and
EVP_PKEY_verify(3).

Well, I got it to work with PEM_read_PUBKEY, and then
using EVP_PKEY_get1_RSA to get a RSA* to pass to RSA_verify. Now to update
the code to use the EVP functions instead. Thanks for the help, I really
appreciate it.

Juan