Creating a raw signature of a hex string

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sun Apr 23 17:26:23 UTC 2023

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 01:02:50PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> > The signature is over binary data, not text, so surely binary, but now
> > you're asking about a hypothetical Python API (or at least one not
> > explicitly mentioned in this thread), and so it is difficult to give
> > anything other than a hypothetical answer.
>
> Got to love Python and what it takes to do the "right" thing with it.

Of all the options available for dabbling with some data format or
algorithm, a Python API, though at times a bit verbose, is likely to be
one of the more accessible ones.

> Particularly for someone like me that basically stopped programing after
> my excursions with 'B'.  Never really made it to 'C'.

If you end up cargo-culting a bit of Python often enough, it may be
worth spending a bit of time learning the basics.  Though I am still
more fluent in Perl, I found learning Python basics both useful and
not onerous.

--
    Viktor.