Custom Provider - OpenSSL 3.x with SSHD

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Tue Jan 3 10:20:40 UTC 2023

In this case it should not be necessary to patch OpenSSH. You could
just set a default property query in the OpenSSL configuration file
as:

default_properties = "?provider=yourprovider"

in the alg_section. See the config(5) manual page.

This way your provider will be preferred over other providers for all
algorithms that it provides.

Tomas

--
Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL