ASN.1 macros for composite structures

Ladd, Watson wladd at akamai.com
Thu Jan 26 17:56:38 UTC 2023

Dear OpenSSL Users,

I have a structure of the form

typdef struct {
      ASN1_OBJECT *a;
       ASN1_OBJECT *b;
} example;

and I cannot figure out how to make the ASN.1 macros serialize it correctly.

When I tried to use an ASN1_SEQUENCE with two ASN1_SIMPLEs the code failed to serialize the structure.
I've been trying to use various ASN1_TYPE, but it seems those only work when ASN1_OPTS are used or some variant.

Any suggestions/pointers to documentation on how to do this? It seems like the resources that used to exist for the very old
macros don't exist anymore, and the newer more explicit stuff is only used inside of providers and not exposed elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd