UID in subj args - bug?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jul 6 19:04:12 UTC 2023

Adding

-preserveDN

is the only way I have found so far to get UID included.

My command is:

openssl ca -config $dir/openssl.cnf\
     -extensions usr_cert -notext -preserveDN \
     -in $dir/csr/$clientemail.csr.$format\
     -out $dir/certs/$clientemail.cert.$format

I tried adding

policy = policy_loose

to the usr_cert extension, but that didn't do anything.

grumble.