Do I need to maintain platform specific include files for using OpenSSL3.0.9

Tathagata Chakraborty contact.tatha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:52:50 UTC 2023

Hi,

I am using OpenSSL3.0.9 for a cross platform application. So I have common
code that is built and linked against OpenSSL 3.0.9 on MacOS(intel and
arm), Windows(intel 32/64, arm) and Linux(32/64) platform. I am
building static libs from open ssl libraries and linking against them. I
have noticed a bunch of openssl include files come in form .in files and
are converted into .h files by configure / make process. For example one
such file is crypto.h.in / crypto.h. This leads me to this question: Do I
need to build openssl in all OS platforms and use the set of include files
from each platform build or include files from any one platform build (say
from Mac OSx) is good enough to get me going in building my code in all 3
platforms?

Thanks,
Tathagata Chakraborty
Mo: 9884869684