OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Fri Mar 17 10:04:57 UTC 2023

Hello all openssl-users mailing list contributors,

as the focus of the OpenSSL users and developers community is now on
the OpenSSL project GitHub page [1] we are considering closing this
mailing list. We would like to move to using Issues [2] and Pull
requests [3] in GitHub to discuss topics and ask questions related to
using and developing  OpenSSL in a single location as this provides
better tracking and searching and we believe this will help us serve
our community better.

We would still keep the mailing list read-only so the archives of the
discussions are not lost.

We are seeking input on this potential change if you are currently
actively contributing on openssl-users mailing list discussion and you
believe such a change would substantially reduce your participation in
the project.

[1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/
[2] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues
[3] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pulls