OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Fri Mar 17 19:07:40 UTC 2023

On 17-Mar-2023 10:10 UTC, Claus Assmann wrote:
> Closing the dev list was already the first step
> in the "wrong" direction :-(

On 17-Mar-2023 16:09 UTC, Tomas Mraz [sorry for the ASCII transcription]
wrote:
> Without asking the question we would not even know how many users do
> not consider github as acceptable place to go to.

I'm somehow under the impression that even the former members of the
*development* list (that I've never been on) are not entirely happy to
have had to take their discussions to the *developers'* tool Github
instead ... ?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm a sysadmin, I'm not convinced that Github
makes for a good online forum, and *that* already is not always a
hands-down better alternative to mailinglists for discussions.

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur