OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Jordan Brown openssl at jordan.maileater.net
Fri Mar 17 21:40:27 UTC 2023

Like others, I think that GitHub's Issues and Pull Requests are a total
mismatch for the traffic on this mailing list.

GitHub Discussions would be a less-bad match, though I still think that
e-mail is superior.

However, I wanted to address something of a misconception:  that one
would have to continually visit GitHub to read any traffic.  That's not
the case.  Once you have set up your GitHub account you can go a
particular project and "Watch" Issues, Pull Requests, Discussions, et
cetera.  Once you do that you get e-mail notification of any new post or
comment in the selected areas, and if you send an e-mail reply it will
get filed as a comment.  You can sort of treat it as a mailing list.
Not a very good one, but it sort of works.

Again, I think that e-mail is best for this sort of question/answer,
discussion format, but it isn't quite email versus not-email... it's
e-mail versus mediocre gateway to email.