regularly failing CI processes

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Mar 23 19:01:11 UTC 2023

First, a thank you for the time from Thomas and Randall towards getting a
minor documentation fix into the tree.  I got a slew of messages today from
the CI system about failures.  Since this was a documentation fix, it should
affect no code, so it's a bit concerning.

My impression is that the CI tests have become too big, and too unstable for
many months, and I just can't count on them being clean with a clean tree
before I start work.

I've been through this with other projects, and I wonder if all these CI
tests are truly providing value, or if some of them have just become noise
that distracts the developers.