Setting validity dates

Peter Sylvester peter.sylvester at gmail.com
Thu May 11 21:24:18 UTC 2023

Robert:

you might try to use the asn1parse to to generate the cert or csr structure you want.

It is not too difficult to define the ASN.1 structures in this textual form.

If the structure of names and extensions is fixed, e.g. always the same types of RDNs;

you only need one file, The variable parts cab be set by environment variables.

I leave as an exercise to the way to sign, hint, sign the raw data, put the result into an
octestring and

regenerate from basically the smae file (with the outer sequence added.

start with smal structues (the inner onces). Once completel, use dumpasn1

BTW: And for the IP address, the keyword is IP. RTFM?

Best

PS: I created arround 3000 thingies as test cases for a certficate verifier tool (inclding errors)
15 years ago.