EVP_MAC way of setting the digest algorithm

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Wed Sep 27 09:02:32 UTC 2023

Yes, unfortunately there is an inherent inefficiency in this design and
we are working on ways how to fix it.

In the mean time there is one possibility to workaround this - you can
duplicate the EVP_MAC_CTX after you call EVP_MAC_CTX_set_params() with
the digest name being set. This way the internal EVP_MD will be already
fetched when you later use the duplicate MAC context.

Tomas Mraz, OpenSSL

--
Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL