OpenSSL version 3.3.0 published

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon May 13 04:36:18 UTC 2024

On 5/12/24 21:42, Neil Horman wrote:
> We added support for RCU locks in 3.3 which required the use of atomics (or
> emulated atomic where they couldn't be supported), but those were in
> libcrypro not liberal

     I see. I am having great difficulty with 3.3 on an old Sun SPARC64
server where there really is not any libatomic support. Well, there is
sort of but it is a hack. Given how portable the code is there must be a
configuration option somewhere to disable the need for those atomic ops.

     Meanwhile, OpenSSL 3.0.x builds and tests flawlessly but ... how
long will that last?

Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC
UNIX and Linux spoken