[openssl-dev] We're working on license changes

Jonathan Larmour jifl at eCosCentric.com
Tue Aug 4 03:40:06 UTC 2015

On 31/07/15 19:19, Brian Smith wrote:

> Also, I question the need for people to sign a CLA to contribute to OpenSSL.
> OpenSSL has been very successful for decades without a CLA requirement. Lots
> of other projects are extremely successful without a CLA. A CLA seems unnecessary.

More importantly in my mind, I find it difficult to imagine at this point that
OpenSSL will verifiably be able to obtain a CLA from every person who has
*ever* contributed to OpenSSL code.

But I agree with others that if you can somehow manage it, then choosing
something (L)GPLv2 compatible would be vastly better.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine