[openssl-dev] Continuous Integration for OpenSSL

dcruette at qualitesys.com dcruette at qualitesys.com
Fri Aug 21 19:45:48 UTC 2015

Hello the OpenSsl team

I managed to setup a Jenkins CI engine with this configuration:

- Jenkins engine run on Windows7

- Jenkins slaves run on Windows7 for Amd with Mingw/gcc

- Jenkins slave run on Ubuntu Linux for Intel with gcc

- Jenkins slave run on Raspberry PI Linux for Arm with gcc

- I run an "out of the box" build+test process

- and also a special one : expand c code (gcc -E), regenerate the source
code with source code injection (memory leak tests)+build+test process.
The aim of this is to detect memory problems (cf heatblead
vulnerability...), or souce code errors (switch error in particular, yes
I did find one and alerted the team last year).

The CI run uploading the daily snapshot from the source repo.

I had proposed to run this CI, but I need from the openssl team some
inputs :

- what "config" must be tested

- for each platform

I might, in the future, install a publicly available Jenkins env for
OpenSsl.

How can we go one step forward ?

Didier

QualiteSys

http://www.qualitesys.com/ [3]

Le 21.08.2015 18:38, Brian Smith a écrit :

> Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro at ghedini.me> wrote:
>
>> Travis has some limitations though, like the fact that it only supports Linux
>> and OS X, with fairly old compiler versions (e.g. gcc 4.6).
>
> Take a look at .travis.yml and mk/update-travis-yml.py in https://github.com/briansmith/ring [1], which allows a project to be built/tested using many versions of GCC and Clang. Recently Clang-3.7 stopped working on Travis but I think it will start working again soon.
>
> On Windows, you can use Appveyor; see appveyor.yml in the repo linked above.
>
> Cheers,
> Brian

Links:
------