[openssl-dev] test_ordinals causes make update to fail after make clean

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Dec 4 16:13:09 UTC 2015

In message <5661B4AD.9060500 at openssl.org> on Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:43:41 +0000, Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> said:

matt>
matt> On 04/12/15 15:41, Adam Eijdenberg wrote:
matt> > Hi Viktor,
matt> >
matt> > Yes, I understand it's a developer option, and that there are likely
matt> > more appropriate build targets on Darwin, but I don't believe either are
matt> > related to the issue that I'm trying to report (which I also get on my
matt> > Linux workstation), which is that "make update" now won't work on a
matt> > cleanly checked out source tree, whereas it did 2 days ago
matt> > (before https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/0aca86b313d286be979629a3193a12e17bf7171a).
matt> >
matt> > Is that expected behavior or not?
matt> >
matt> This is definitely a problem. I am hitting the same thing.

I'm having an idea how to solve this...  a small function
OpenSSL::Test::Utils::prepare_demo_certs, to be called by any test
recipe that needs to use that cert directory, then remove the
dependency on the rehash target in the top Makefile.  Obviously,
test_ordinals doesn't need those certs, so that should clear this
problem.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org