[openssl-dev] test_ordinals causes make update to fail after make clean

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Dec 4 16:20:15 UTC 2015

In message <20151204.171309.2158168122690223997.levitte at openssl.org> on Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:13:09 +0100 (CET), Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> said:

levitte> In message <5661B4AD.9060500 at openssl.org> on Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:43:41 +0000, Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> said:
levitte>
levitte> matt>
levitte> matt> On 04/12/15 15:41, Adam Eijdenberg wrote:
levitte> matt> > Hi Viktor,
levitte> matt> >
levitte> matt> > Yes, I understand it's a developer option, and that there are likely
levitte> matt> > more appropriate build targets on Darwin, but I don't believe either are
levitte> matt> > related to the issue that I'm trying to report (which I also get on my
levitte> matt> > Linux workstation), which is that "make update" now won't work on a
levitte> matt> > cleanly checked out source tree, whereas it did 2 days ago
levitte> matt> > (before https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/0aca86b313d286be979629a3193a12e17bf7171a).
levitte> matt> >
levitte> matt> > Is that expected behavior or not?
levitte> matt> >
levitte> matt> This is definitely a problem. I am hitting the same thing.
levitte>
levitte> I'm having an idea how to solve this...  a small function
levitte> OpenSSL::Test::Utils::prepare_demo_certs, to be called by any test
levitte> recipe that needs to use that cert directory, then remove the
levitte> dependency on the rehash target in the top Makefile.  Obviously,
levitte> test_ordinals doesn't need those certs, so that should clear this
levitte> problem.

Never mind that, I keep forgetting that rehash requires a complete
build...  There are other ideas floating around.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org