[openssl-dev] OpenSSL version 1.1.0 pre release 1 published

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Dec 22 09:34:38 UTC 2015

In message <20151222101434.116043c95betfssa at www.polarhome.com> on Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:14:34 +0100, Zoltan Arpadffy <zoli at polarhome.com> said:

zoli> Thank you Richard.
zoli>
zoli> What "slowly" means? Will you be able to commit the OpenVMS build
zoli> scripts before the 1.1.0's release?

Yes.  At the latest, it should be fully present in alpha3.  See the
end of https://openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html for planned
release dates.

zoli> Do you need some help with coding, testing?

Yes please.

zoli> Should I try to repair the old build scripts?

No.  Thanks for the reminder, they should all go.

My plan for "new and shiny" is based on perl, running Configure and
have it generate a top level descrip.mms.  Requirements will be a perl
installation (minimum version 5.12) plus Text::Template.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org