[openssl-dev] OpenSSL version 1.1.0 pre release 1 published

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Tue Dec 22 10:10:22 UTC 2015

Richard,

> My plan for "new and shiny" is based on perl, running Configure and
> have it generate a top level descrip.mms.  Requirements will be a perl
> installation (minimum version 5.12) plus Text::Template.

Thank you for the information.

I am aware that having perl installed on a modern operating system is
not a very tough requirement - but experience shows that external
dependencies often cause problems on OpenVMS.

I would suggest to include/commit the perl scripts into the OpenSSL
source code (for developers convenience only), but they should be ran
and commit the OpenVMS descrip.mms build files matching the current
code base - as a step in the OpenSSL source code release process.

Unix make files are also made in forehand. Right?

What is your opinion about this?

> zoli> Do you need some help with coding, testing?
>
> Yes please.

Please, let me know how... or should I just wait for the make files release?

Thank you.

---
WebMail, polarhome.com