[openssl-dev] About macro BIGNUM (struct bignum_st)

Lianghui Chen liachen at blackberry.com
Wed Jul 8 15:29:34 UTC 2015

Hi

When I tried to compile openssl inside my own project, I got numerous errors about incomplete type of struct bignum_st (from macro BIGNUM). As I see, the macro BIGNUM is defined in bn/bn_lcl.h, which is included only by files inside crypto/bn, but many codes in engines use the struct member (like d) of bignum_st, like e_chil.c. But unfortunately files like e_chil.c is not compiled (and thus exposing these compile errors) in openssl master branch by default.

But anyway, isn't this a little bit strange that we access struct bignum_st member variables in engines codes, like e_chil.c, without including the file bn_lcl.h which defines bignum_st?

BR - Lianghui