[openssl-dev] About macro BIGNUM (struct bignum_st)

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Jul 8 15:55:10 UTC 2015

> But anyway, isn't this a little bit strange that we access struct bignum_st
> member variables in engines codes, like e_chil.c, without including the file
> bn_lcl.h which defines bignum_st?

One of the major goals of the planned 1.1 release is to make "most" structures opaque.  There are all sorts of benefits to doing this, even though it will require some changes to existing code.

Some ENGINE code has not been updated yet, and therefore we don't compile it by default.

There is a wiki page, http://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/1.1_API_Changes, where we are encouraging people to post problems.  Or better yet, figure out which accessors you need and open a ticket :)