[openssl-dev] Regression testing?

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Jun 12 22:32:58 UTC 2015

On 12/06/15 18:53, Valerie Fenwick wrote:
> Hi Folks -
>
> I was wondering if there is a document anywhere describing what type of
> testing you do before releasing a new version of OpenSSL? I'm guessing
> you don't test on every potential hardware platform, on every potential
> operating system that OpenSSL is used on, but rather a subset.  Is that
> information posted anywhere?
> (ie what that subset is)
>
> I checked the FAQ, but did not see that information in the testing section.
>
> Thank you so much!

Most of our dev work is done on Linux. We also get reports from the
Cisco Jenkins farm which has a number of different platforms on it, so
if we break something we generally know about it quite quickly for these
platforms:

https://openssl-sanity.cisco.com:8443/

During the actual release process itself I check the build on Linux and
on Windows.

Anything else is more reactive based on reports of problems coming in as
and when they occur. Some of the dev team have access to specific
platforms that they test on an occasional basis (e.g. Richard checks VMS
regularly).