[openssl-dev] Regression testing?

Valerie Fenwick valerie.fenwick at oracle.com
Mon Jun 15 18:43:42 UTC 2015

On 6/13/2015 7:11 AM, Salz, Rich wrote:

>> I was wondering if there is a document anywhere describing what type of
>> testing you do before releasing a new version of OpenSSL?
>
> Matt already gave some answers.  Our biggest regression test is "make test" at the top-level.  We've recently gotten much better at adding more tests...
>
> Any help gratefully received :)

Thanks, very helpful!  Is there a "minimum" number of systems/OSes this
is run on before a release goes out?

Or is it always just "best effort" based on which engineers are available?

We do internal testing of the bits before we integrate to Solaris (we
have to test not only OpenSSL itself, but a few of the big things that
depend on it).  Not sure how interesting those test results would be
to anyone not using Solaris :-)

Valerie
--
NOTE: Using voice recognition software, forgive typos/grammar mistakes!
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva