[openssl-dev] A new openssl engine

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Jun 25 20:58:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:48:08PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 11:36:58PM +0300, Dmitry Belyavsky wrote:
> >
> > BTW, what does the OpenSSL  Team plan regarding the GOST engine?
>
> I think some of us want to get rid of it, because it's rather
> crappy code.

I think that if GOST is really going to be a supported set of
algorithms, then it should not be an engine, and should be integrated
properly, with robust well written and carefully reviewed code.

The current engine is IMHO not a good long-term vehicle for providing
GOST support to OpenSSL users.

--
	Viktor.