[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3772] Bug: Only ActivePerl could be used to build on Windows

esadovoi@eniks.com via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Mar 30 07:51:30 UTC 2015

It is well known issue with build on Windows: It requires ActivePerl to
correctly create configuration.
Every other Perl implementation fails to execute correctly. The reason it
fails outlined in this report: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/174
Although it is stated that only cloned code exhibits this behavior I believe
it also happens when Git or Strawberry Perl is being used for build of
official releases.

As suggested in the comments adding $/= "\r\n"; line to Perl script fixes this
issue for every other Perl implementation.
I've successfully built openssl with Perl distributed with Git as well as
Strawberry Perl.