[openssl-dev] We're working on license changes

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Nov 20 20:47:06 UTC 2015

In message <313961D7FE900DC0D4BE4654@[192.168.1.9]> on Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:37:13 -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah at zimbra.com> said:

quanah> --On Friday, November 20, 2015 7:34 PM +0000 "Salz, Rich"
quanah> --<rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
quanah>
quanah> > It's almost definitely going to be Apache v2.
quanah>
quanah> Is there a possibility of releasing it under more than one license?
quanah> Otherwise, I honestly don't really see the point of relicensing
quanah> OpenSSL as moving to apache v2 does not resolve the primary problem
quanah> with the OpenSSL license that currently exists.

I would like to point out that the GNU project talks about the Apache
v2 license in positive terms:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org