[openssl-dev] Building Open

Joey Yandle dragon at dancingdragon.be
Sun Nov 22 22:16:45 UTC 2015

> I believe that I've found some issues while to build OpenSSL v1.0.2b for
> 64-bit Intel compatible CPUs on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2015.

It appears that you skipped a step that was listed in INSTALL.W64,
specifically

   perl Configure VC-WIN64A

1.0.2* builds normally for me on amd64 if that step is not skipped.

You are correct that 64-bit binaries are improperly labeled with '32'.
I do plan on fixing that at some point, though in the meantime it makes
my life easier (my scripts can always assume the same library name).

cheers,

Joey