[openssl-dev] who wants to fix travis builds?

Alessandro Ghedini alessandro at ghedini.me
Tue Oct 6 09:58:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 09:46:17am +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
> In message <20151005222804.GA14709 at kronk.local> on Tue, 6 Oct 2015 00:28:05 +0200, Alessandro Ghedini <alessandro at ghedini.me> said:
>
> alessandro> On a somewhat related note, I've noticed that the Travis failure messages are
> alessandro> not actually sent to the mailing list. I suspect that this is due to some kind
> alessandro> of filtering the mailing list does. Could the Travis messages be whitelisted or
> alessandro> something? Or maybe just add a new "openssl-ci" mailing list dedicated to this?
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> I was just looking into this...  and I can't quite make heads or tails
> of how travis notification works.  Can you help me figure it out?
>
> What I need to know is, what do I need to do to have it send
> notifications to the address configured in .travis.yml, and what will
> the sender address be?

I checked the documentation on the subject [0] and I think we had the wrong
configuration all along (my fault :/), so that's probably why the notifications
weren't received at all. I added another commit to my pull request to fix this,
so now a notification may have been sent (but it still didn't show up in the
openssl-commits archive). It should come from builds at travis-ci.org I think.

Cheers

[0] http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications/#Email-notifications