[openssl-dev] who wants to fix travis builds?

Alessandro Ghedini alessandro at ghedini.me
Sat Sep 26 09:12:52 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 03:57:18PM +0200, Andy Polyakov wrote:
> > And the mingw build is broken anyway.
>
> For the record, originally mingw was supported by itself, i.e. under
> MSYS, and under cygwin (which is why you'll notice -mno-cygwin). Then is
> was empirically confirmed that it works even with cross-compiler under
> Linux. But it more than likely happened with 1.0, so that assuming that
> 0.9.8 would work was in fact a stretch.
>
> > Is this something worth fixing in a future
> > 0.9.8 release?
>
> I'd vote against.
>
> > Otherwise the mingw builds could be simply removed from travis
> > for 0.9.8.
> >
> > Other builds failing are:
> >
> > - linux-gcc and mingw debug builds in 1.0.2 (I haven't tried to reproduce
> >   these yet).
>
> No comment at this point.
>
> > - mingw debug and shared builds in master.
>
> While I can confirm problem with shared (fixable with attached patch,
> please double-check), I can't confirm problem with debug (please elaborate).

I just opened a pull request on GitHub [0] to add your patch for mingw shared
builds and another one to fix clang debug builds for master. Let's see what
Travis thinks of it.

Mingw's debug builds are still broken, but now the following error message is
shown:

> cc1: error: command line option ‘-foutput-class-dir=-DL_ENDIAN’ is valid for Java but not for C [-Werror]

The problem is that `-d` is a `./config` option, but in the case of mingw it is
passed directly to `./Configure` which thinks it's a compiler flag so then gcc
gets confused. A solution would be to somehow detect the mingw cross compilation
from `./config` so that we would use it for mingw builds too, but I'm not sure
what the best way to do that would be (and on top of this we still have the
mingw warnings problem).

Cheers

[0] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/415