[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4648] openssl doesn't work on mingw

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Sun Aug 21 20:50:19 UTC 2016

> If goal actually is to execute openssl at msys command prompt, then
> openssl should be compiled *for* msys, but we don't actually support
> this configuration.

On related note it appears that reason for why the question about msys
support wasn't risen so far is because prior Windows 10, prompting from
plain Windows console applications such as openssl.exe was working in
msys window. In Windows 10 it apparently doesn't anymore, with symptoms
similar to ones reported here. The problem is not specific to master
branch (where prompting was modified to handle non-ASCII characters),
1.0.2 suffers from same problem too.

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4648