[openssl-dev] 3DES is a HIGH-strength cipher?

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Fri Feb 12 21:38:32 UTC 2016

I think you should revert to your earlier comment - that High, Medium, Low
are inherently awful. Maybe color codes? ;-)

I consider 3DES-EDE to be adequately strong. The block size is a problem,
speed in software is a problem, etc. but it has been remarkably resilient
against differential cryptanalysis and other attacks.

- M