[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4583] AutoReply: Debian X32 and "fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory"

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Jun 23 10:44:47 UTC 2016

> you're not allowed to break the compile, regardless of whether there's
> a proper "X32" kernel.

I don't understand what do you mean by "break the compile". I'd say it's
the kind of thing that lies on both parties. We are responsible for
providing code and config lines, but you have responsibilities too, you
are responsible for providing sane compiler environment. For example if
there is a system header file missing on target system [or another
standard header file attempts to include non-existing system header
file], there is nothing we can do. There either is a package missing,
not installed, or vendor screwed up packaging...

As suggested, start by ./Configure linux-x32...

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4583