[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4589] Resolved: simplifying writing code that is 1.0.x and 1.1.x compatible

Salz, Rich via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Jun 28 18:03:39 UTC 2016

> and you will not accept pull requests that do that?

So far, the team is not interested in doing that.  Features are not added to stable branches.  But, for myself, I would like to see something like a GitHub repo that built on top of 1.0.2 and made the 1.1 API's available. I think that for most of them it should not be too hard.

> what about Debian CVE-2008-0166 like scenario?

So far that kind of thing seems unlikely, but maybe I'm missing the point your trying to make?

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4589