[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4589] Resolved: simplifying writing code that is 1.0.x and 1.1.x compatible

Douglas E Engert deengert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:05:48 UTC 2016

On 6/27/2016 3:57 PM, Salz, Rich via RT wrote:
>> But obviously I was expecting too much...
> Sorry you're not pleased.  Not sure what to say -- you get what you pay for?  Maybe someone will come up with a "openssl-102-compat" package?

OpenSC has  been looking at the approach - program to 1.1.0  and add a  sc_ossl_compat.h that uses inline routines for older version of openssl  going back to 0.9.7 (not my choice, but someone asked
for 0.9.7)  Only changes needed by OpenSC are defined, but it is a start.
Some #ifdefs are still needed, but only a handful, and could be isolated to the sc_ossl_compat.h.

See https://github.com/dengert/OpenSC/commit/8e00355cbcb42deefc2c44e910f23aa3d137f298

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert at gmail.com>