[openssl-dev] configure results in conflicting CRT switches for win DLL

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Mar 17 09:17:46 UTC 2016

In message <000601d1802c$0c6f4470$254dcd50$@sales at free.fr> on Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:04:43 +0100, "Michel" <michel.sales at free.fr> said:

michel.sales> Well, I am not lucky !
michel.sales>
michel.sales> For once that documentation exists and was recently updated, it is not
michel.sales> accurate :-(

Uhmmmm...  the most up to date and accurate is in INSTALL.

michel.sales> I saw that '--classic' was temporary, but I did not realize that an
michel.sales> alternative build scheme was already there for Windows.

Ah, well, it is and has been for some time now.  Sorry that got past
you.  As a matter of fact, '--classic' is the "alternative" build
scheme, or rather a fallback to the old (and obviously rotting in the
Windows case).

michel.sales> You cannot imagine how many times I have manually modified the ms\*.mak
michel.sales> files in order to achieve a successfull build process...

Sorry about that.  The places to look nowadays are
Configurations\*.conf and Configurations\windows-makefile.tmpl...  oh,
and all the build.info files.

michel.sales> Thanks Richard.
michel.sales>
michel.sales> -----Message d'origine-----
michel.sales> De : openssl-dev [mailto:openssl-dev-bounces at openssl.org] De la part de
michel.sales> Richard Levitte
michel.sales> Envoyé : jeudi 17 mars 2016 08:38
michel.sales> À : openssl-dev at openssl.org
michel.sales> Objet : Re: [openssl-dev] configure results in conflicting CRT switches for
michel.sales> win DLL
michel.sales>
michel.sales> After having looked an extra time, I'd like to recommend using the new style
michel.sales> build scheme, or in other words:
michel.sales>
michel.sales>     perl Configure no-rc2 no-rc5 no-md2 no-md4 no-ssl3 no-comp no-hw
michel.sales> no-heartbeats no-deprecated VC-WIN32 shared --prefix=c:\OpenSSL_DLL
michel.sales>     nmake
michel.sales>
michel.sales> I know that "install" is missing, I plan on adding it today.
michel.sales>
michel.sales> Cheers,
michel.sales> Richard
michel.sales> https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev