[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4667] Issue with OpenSSL v1.1.0 on AIX with XLC and GCC and -O

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Sep 1 13:45:52 UTC 2016

> About the possible "linker quirk", the same linker is used also for version 1.0.2h which runs perferctly.

Yes, but 1.0.2 and 1.1 ppccap's are different.

> Also, that does not explain why simply compiling ppccap.c only with -O0 makes the issue to dispappear.

Bugs seldom make sense. If they did, we would spot them prior they
manifest themselves, so there would be no bugs :-)

> I also tried to repeat the failing test several times: failure is consistent.
>

> Here below are the details you asked.

Thanks! I've have closer look at it a bit later today. Just in case,
1.1. was tested on AIX 7.x...

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4667