[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4667] Issue with OpenSSL v1.1.0 on AIX with XLC and GCC and -O

REIX, Tony via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Sep 1 14:01:28 UTC 2016

Hi Andy,

We need bugs !
Without bugs, no more job !!  ;)

About openssl built/tested on AIX 7.1 , I have an AIX 7.1 machine.
Would you mind saying me which compiler was used ? GCC I guess. Which version ?

Thanks,

Tony

Le 01/09/2016 15:45, Andy Polyakov via RT a écrit :

About the possible "linker quirk", the same linker is used also for version 1.0.2h which runs perferctly.

Yes, but 1.0.2 and 1.1 ppccap's are different.

Also, that does not explain why simply compiling ppccap.c only with -O0 makes the issue to dispappear.

Bugs seldom make sense. If they did, we would spot them prior they
manifest themselves, so there would be no bugs :-)

I also tried to repeat the failing test several times: failure is consistent.

Here below are the details you asked.

Thanks! I've have closer look at it a bit later today. Just in case,
1.1. was tested on AIX 7.x...

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4667