[openssl-dev] Definitions for some structures are strangely missing from 'evp.h' or other header files in OpenSSL 1.1.0a

Jing Liu jingmliu at sina.com
Fri Sep 23 13:17:48 UTC 2016

Recently when I used a library 'libcrypto.lib' compiled from OpenSSL 1.1.0a
in my project, some compiling errors led me to find that the header file
'evp.h' in OpenSSL 1.1.0a is incomplete. More specifically, definitions for
many structures are strangely missing. For example, the definitions for
structures EVP_ENCODE_CTX,  EVP_CIPHER, EVP_CIPHER_CTX, EVP_MD, EVP_MD_CTX,
and EVP_PKEY  (maybe there are more) cannot be found in 'evp.h' or
'ossl_typ.h' or any other header files. While for OpenSSL 1.0.X, we can find
definitions for these structures in 'evp.h' or other header files.