[openssl-dev] Build issue

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Wed Aug 2 06:53:01 UTC 2017

In message <CAKH_Ld7SNCErpTqFzZcfb7uE3KqOPZ5+Tw=SU-yubOc72tWZbw at mail.gmail.com> on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 22:19:20 -0400, Matthew Stickney <mtstickney at gmail.com> said:

mtstickney> However, having installed the mingw-w64 version of perl, the configure
mtstickney> script is failing because it thinks this is a unix-like platform, but
mtstickney> perl is producing windows-style paths:
mtstickney>
mtstickney> > This perl implementation doesn't produce Unix like paths (with forward slash
mtstickney> > directory separators).  Please use an implementation that matches your
mtstickney> > building platform.
mtstickney>
mtstickney> > This Perl version: 5.22.0 for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread
mtstickney>
mtstickney> I can't follow the configure script well enough to tell where it's
mtstickney> detecting the relevant bits from -- the build_scheme key seems to be
mtstickney> responsible for triggering the unix-checker.pm script that fails, but
mtstickney> grep only turns up two references to it: the readme, and the configure
mtstickney> script. Is this an issue with msys2+mingw-w64 environments?

OR unix-checker.pem might be buggy.  May I suggest insert this line
before the check, try again and see what it says?

    print STDERR "Current directory: ", rel2abs('.'), "\n";

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org