[openssl-project] 1.1.1 Release timetable

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Dec 22 18:16:14 UTC 2017

Dropping the second alpha as a way to bring in the release date is okay, but I don’t have anything that would have to be in the end-of-January freeze. Given how little feedback we got during our extended pre-release periods for 1.1.0 I don’t think we need a lot of time.

According to email I had with one of the Security AD’s, she wants the TLS WG to be done in January, and then a month for IESG review.  Allowing for slippage that means March.  But nobody knows for sure.