[openssl-project] 1.1.1 Release timetable

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Dec 25 11:14:11 UTC 2017

In message <20171224060933.GZ39477 at kduck.kaduk.org> on Sun, 24 Dec 2017 00:09:33 -0600, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk at mit.edu> said:

kaduk> > I would prefer to take our time a little more and see a release that we
kaduk> > are confident in, rather than one we have rushed out. Even if that means
kaduk> > the release doesn't go out until a month after TLSv1.3 RFC is published.
kaduk>
kaduk> I agree -- the IETF does not prohibit itself from making changes to
kaduk> the document up until it's published as an RFC, and locking
kaduk> ourselves into a release cadence that prevents us from making
kaduk> changes seems to be tying our hands for negligible gain.

+1 (enthusiastically)

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org