[openssl-project] The problem of (implicit) relinking and changed behaviour

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sun Apr 15 05:38:48 UTC 2018

In message <C60D8170-70CB-44A7-86BD-9463D1A021C3 at akamai.com> on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:13:47 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz> We have *no* data points, except our tests, that anything fails to work.
rsalz> In fact, we are increasingly collecting data that shows everything is just fine.

Errr, are we?  Please inform me, because I cannot remember having seen
tests that specifically targets the case of programs built with 1.1.0
that get implicitly relinked with 1.1.1 libraries (that's what you
call "going forward", isn't it?), or data collection for that matter.
I may have missed something, but I am interested.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org