[openssl-project] platforms

Tim Hudson tjh at cryptsoft.com
Wed Jan 10 07:21:34 UTC 2018

Follow on from the discussion in PR#5035, I think we need to add a "status"
definition to the platform which should cover the different contexts:

1) libraries compile
2) apps compile
3) make test passes

We have platforms where we don't compile the apps and we have platforms
where there are issues in the tests - i.e. the library (with or without the
apps) compiles and operates correctly but there is a defect in the tests.
Defects in tests or defects in the apps are different to defects in the
libraries.
The apps not being ported also does not mean the platform is unusable.

That level of differences should be recorded. Perhaps a status for each?

- libcrypto
- libssl
- apps
- tests

For many platforms, the apps and the tests simply don't work or are not
used; and our test automation platform also does not operate for many
platforms.

Tim.