[openssl-project] 1.1.1 Release timetable (again)

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Jan 24 20:57:00 UTC 2018

So a few months into it, we look at changing the schedule if we need to stretch thing out.

On 1/24/18, 3:49 PM, "Matt Caswell" <matt at openssl.org> wrote:

    On 24/01/18 19:12, Salz, Rich wrote:
    > A monthly release cadence for beta seems too long.  I would prefer two weeks.  And we keep doing that until TLS 1.3 is published.

    That might be ok. As a technical issue though we can only have a maximum
    of 14 alpha/beta releases (due to the format of OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER
    in opensslv.h). If we were to do a release every 2 weeks starting on
    14th Feb, that would mean the last beta we could possibly do would be on
    15th August.  If there is a risk that the TLSv1.3 publication could go
    beyond that date then we would be stuck.

    Matt