[openssl-project] To use or not use the iconv API, and to use or not use other libraries

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Jun 7 15:19:48 UTC 2018

Regarding general use of other libraries, please think carefully before voting, 'cause this *is* tricky. If you have a look, you will see that we *currently* depend on certain standard libraries, such as, for example, libdl. And perhaps we should also mention the pile of libraries used with windows.

In my mind, this makes that more general vote ridiculous, but the matter was brought up to me, and I wasn't going to ignore it, no matter what my personal feelings are.

Cheers
Richard

Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> skrev: (7 juni 2018 13:54:11 CEST)