[openssl-project] Milestones and the 1.1.1 release

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Jun 26 15:56:26 UTC 2018

I'm thinking that we should maybe re-asses the current milestones in github.

We currently use the following milestones:

Assessed - Anything against this milestone isn't relevant to the 1.1.1
release (e.g. 1.0.2 specific issue)

1.1.1 - This is relevant to the 1.1.1 release but may not be specific to
it (e.g. an issue that affects both 1.1.1 and 1.1.0)

Post 1.1.1 - Feature request to be looked at once 1.1.1 is released

I think we should re-asses everything currently against the 1.1.1
milestone so that anything which isn't specific to that release gets
moved to the "Assessed" milestone.

At the moment its difficult to see the "wood for the trees" between
issues which are newly introduced and those that are long standing. In
terms of getting the 1.1.1 release out the door we should focus on the
former.

Thoughts?