[openssl-project] VOTE report: Push the release of 1.1.1 beta1 (pre3) forward one week

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sat Mar 10 13:15:49 UTC 2018

>    Well, the condition for this vote is a bit extraordinary as well.  I
    couldn't in good conscience propose a week long vote, because that
    potentially would have the effect to push the release a week anyway,
    because the release would have to wait for the result of the vote.

We didn't plan well enough, and we didn't give ourselves enough time to re-evaluate. That is, deciding to ship the schedule should have happened at least seven days before the next release.  I think those are the key things we need to take away from this, not an attempt to change the voting process.