[openssl-project] GitHub milestone for 1.1.1

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Mon Mar 19 08:27:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

in view of the upcoming beta release and the release strategy (see
below) it is a little bit disturbing that our GitHub milestone for 1.1.1
<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/milestone/9> shows only 30%
completion. How are we going to deal with this? Shouldn't the PR's and
issues be examined and categorized into bugs and features? The former
could still be merged during beta, but what happens to the latter? What
is with outstanding documentation (e.g. #5461, #5629), will it be
treated like a bugfix and be mergeable past the beta freeze?

Regards,
Matthias

--
We have defined the following release criteria for 1.1.1:

All open github issues/PRs older than 2 weeks at the time of release to
be assessed for relevance to 1.1.1. Any flagged with the 1.1.1 milestone
to be closed (see below)
Clean builds in Travis and Appveyor for two days
run-checker.sh to be showing as clean 2 days before release
No open Coverity issues (not flagged as "False Positive" or "Ignore")
TLSv1.3 RFC published
https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html