[openssl-project] GitHub milestone for 1.1.1

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Mar 19 08:35:41 UTC 2018

In message <15c91d39-bf3c-86e7-6666-756bc942dc95 at ncp-e.com> on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:27:40 +0100, "Dr. Matthias St. Pierre" <Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com> said:

Matthias.St.Pierre> Hi,
Matthias.St.Pierre>
Matthias.St.Pierre> in view of the upcoming beta release and the release strategy (see
Matthias.St.Pierre> below) it is a little bit disturbing that our GitHub milestone for 1.1.1
Matthias.St.Pierre> <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/milestone/9> shows only 30%
Matthias.St.Pierre> completion. How are we going to deal with this? Shouldn't the PR's and
Matthias.St.Pierre> issues be examined and categorized into bugs and features? The former
Matthias.St.Pierre> could still be merged during beta, but what happens to the latter? What
Matthias.St.Pierre> is with outstanding documentation (e.g. #5461, #5629), will it be
Matthias.St.Pierre> treated like a bugfix and be mergeable past the beta freeze?

I'd categorically say that missing documentation is a bug.  That
should make categorisation a bit easier...

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org